I'm so sorry to disappoint those of you here for wedding wednesday, but truly, this is more important. Last night I discovered one of the most delicious meals I've have ever made. Let me preface by saying, I love peanut sauce, so I was predisposed to liking this meal before I ever tasted it. But wow. It was incredible.
I made a couple small changes. But I got the general recipe from SkinnyTaste (which I also just found and LOVE now).
So here it is: Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken.
- 14.5 oz fat free chicken broth (vegetarians use vegetable broth)
- 5 tbsp better'n peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups julienned carrots
- 1 large julienned zucchini
- 1 julienned red pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1 lime, sliced
For the peanut sauce: Combine 1 cup chicken broth, peanut butter, honey, 2 tbsp soy sauce, ginger, and 3 cloves crushed garlic in a small saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until sauce becomes smooth and well blended, about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, lime, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Heat a large skillet or wok until hot. Add oil and sauté chicken on high heat until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
Add 2 cloves crushed garlic, scallions, carrots, zucchini, peppers and salt, sauté until tender crisp, about 1-2 minutes.
Combine vegetables, chicken and cooked noodles, top with peanut sauce. Garnish with lime slices.