And then from there Meg from Mimi+Meg continued it and now I am jumping on the bandwagon.
To be honest, I was a little put off when I first heard about it, but the more posts I read the more I really enjoyed it. I felt like I knew bloggers so much more after they shared intimate details about themselves, and most importantly I think its a really important step in breaking down the perception of bloggers *sparkling* all of the time. So here it goes...
1. I have a serious love/hate relationship with this blog. With that being said, there is not a day that goes by that I am not thankful for the opportunities this site has awarded me with. I truly believe and know its true, that my business wouldn't be where it is today without this blog. But... there are days I find myself a little disgusted with how much of my time is spent on posting pretty pictures, commenting on pretty pictures and looking for more pretty pictures to post the next day. I am trying hard to strike a balance of sharing inspiration and reality, but I don't think I've quite hit that yet.
2. On a similar point to the one above... I am starting to feel that social media (blogging, Facebook, twitter, instagram) are all just one giant humble brag. Is it fun? Yes. Is it a platform to share exciting things in your life? Absolutely. But how much is too much?
3. I can be selfish but even worse... I am ok with it. I am a strong believer that in order to be truly happy in your life, you need to make it a priority to put yourself and your needs first. You cannot have a happy partner if you aren't happy yourself. And same goes for kids, family and friends.
4. I cry. A lot. I am just a crier to my core. Always have been. I cry during sweet commercials, when I am tired, hungry, happy, overwhelmed or sad. The tears just flow. If this redeems anything at all, just know that usually I am in private. Its rare that its in public (but I can't say it doesn't happen).
5. Now that this blog is so closely tied to my business (I would say 75% of my clients come from it) I second guess every single word, of every single post. Even now I am thinking to myself, will my clients think I am going to cry if I don't like their sofa?? (see #4).